Mains (Enough for 2)
Belted Galloway beef fillet with roast polenta chips and gorgonzola fonduta
Order for Delivery
See below for more information on when to expect your order.
£10.50 postage and packaging will be applied at checkout
Order for Collection
Order today for collection tomorrow.
Enough for 2 adults
This is a Trullo classic and one of the few dishes that stays on the menu all year. You don't need to be a maestro in the kitchen, we've done the bulk of the work, you just need to follow the simple instructions and you'll have this show stopping feast in no time - it's a real treat!
We also have some great wines to pair with your meal this weekend. Check out our wines online or ask us at the shop!
|Order Completed||Order By||Expected Delivery Day|
For all delivery / collection information see here.
|Ingredients||beef fillet, polenta, gorgonzola, crème fraîche, parsley, salt, pepper, olive oil butter, Marsala|
1. Get your beef fillets and Marsala butter out of the fridge 45 minutes before you’re planning to eat so the meat and butter come up to room temperature.
2. Preheat your oven to 190˚C.
3. Line an oven tray with parchment paper and add your polenta chips (with a small gap between each piece).
4. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season with salt.
At the same time, start the processes below and time these steps depending on how you want your steak cooked. Keep in mind you want everything served hot:
5. Preheat a frying pan on medium heat for your beef fillets.
6. Drizzle oil on the beef (not in the pan), rub the oil all over the steaks and season with salt.
7. Decant your gorgonzola fonduta into a small sauce pan. On a very low heat, gently melt the sauce until silky and smooth for about 4 minutes and then take off the heat.
8. Place the steaks in the frying pan and follow the guide below depending on how you want your steak cooked (note, this stage will be a bit smoky):
Blue: 90 seconds on each side.
Rare: 2 minutes on each side.
Medium Rare: 2 minutes 30 seconds on each side.
Medium: 3 minutes on each side but flip the steaks twice. Turn the heat to low-medium for the last minute.
Medium Well: 4 minutes on each side but flip the steaks 3 times. Turn the heat to low-medium for the last 2 minutes.
Well Done: 5 minutes on each side but flip the steaks 4 times. Turn the heat to low-medium for the last 3 minutes.
9. When your steaks are ready, evenly split the Marsala butter on top of each steak, season with a grind of black pepper and rest the steaks on a warm plate and cover with foil and leave somewhere warm for 3-4 minutes (until the butter has melted).
10. Serve the steaks on warm plates and spoon over the melted butter and resting juices. Serve the polenta chips next to the steaks, drizzle over the gorgonzola fonduta and sprinkle over the parsley.